My youngest son Bradley has severe food allergies, and unfortunately he inherited it from me. I'm anaphylactic to tree nuts, allergic to eggs, peanuts, barley, and melon. I have gone into shock twice with almonds and pistachios. I used to eat nuts all of the time. My entire life I had eczema, but I thought I could eat anything. After I graduated from college, my sensitivities became worse. When I went into shock, I had about 20 minutes before losing oxygen. I can clearly recall the swelling in my throat, and my desperation to get air. Fortunately I was administered a steroid both times which instantly saved my life. When my son Bradley was born, he seemed fine until he was about 3 months old, then his eczema got worse. At almost a year old we had him properly tested and the doctor warned us that he was allergic to several foods, but we didn't realize he was anaphylactic. He went into shock after eating ONE piece of mac-n-cheese he got from his older brother. I didn't have an epi-pen junior, only my adult pen....so I gave him Benadryl. Please do not make that mistake...apparently they can relapse after several hours. So the best course is to have TWO epic-pens handy if you suspect your child has allergies. Even a bee sting can send a child into shock. Please check with your doctor and read this informative info on epicene anaphylaxis action plan.